Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Connecting my two computers?

I have too modems, I have files on one modem I was to transfer to my other computer, I don't want to have to use a disk, if there a way to maybe put a USB cord (or anything else) into both of them and just send the files from one to the other?



I'm starting to hate having to switch over computers when I want to do certain things.



Thanks!



Connecting my two computers?computer virus



Besides methods mentioned already.



For tiny Network You need: 2 lan cards %26 a cable (which You may have already if You have dsl). Windows can generate a home network - there are wizards that help You.



Yet another method if the 2 PC are not close - keep vital data on USB stick. Here USB sticks are ca. 20,- $ (20 Euro) for 1 GB. That is what i use to keep my data synchronized and consistent.



Portable aps for use on USB stick also exist: browsers, mail, publishing...



Connecting my two computers?free spyware remover



use a usb flash drive you could get a 512 mb one from best buy or some other store
Get a router.
You could buy two USB wireless network adapters and set them up to use ''Ad-Hoc'' mode. This lets two computers talk to each other directly without any special equipment in the middle. Unfortunately since many wireless network adapters provide their own way of doing this, I can't provide a simple step by step approach to answer your question. There's a few benefits to doing it this way - no need to buy a router, cables or having to plug and unplug disks, but it is a little complex so you will probably need to bribe a friendly geek!!
Well, there are multiple ways. usb is one of them. You need a USB cable called file sharing usb cable. you can also use a crossover cat5 cable if both computers have a network card. I think this way is cheaper but if it sounds kind of complicated you can go usb.



email if more help required.

No comments:

Post a Comment