Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Internet not working on multiple computers. Service provider issue?

The office that I work at has three computers. One of which I had encountered a spyware/adware infection last night. So far, on every computer, I having problems loading pages. So far I can occasionally get yahoo on the more troubling computer, but google or hotmail, or most other sites, forget about it. I've tried to check that whole LAN thing those ''page not found'' messages tells me I can do as an option, but I'm not sure what to look for. Help please?



Internet not working on multiple computers. Service provider issue?antivirus scan



1. If you're using Windows, you can check if the LAN is active by looking at the lower part of the screen and seeing if the icon with two computers are active, meaning, they blink from time to time. Double-clicking this icon shows whether the connection is Connected or Disconnected.



2. You can also check the rear part of the computer where your LAN cable is connected. You should see a blinking light very near the port where the LAN cable is connected. If this light is not blinking, then there's a problem with your network.



3. If one computer is attacked by a spyware/adware, the other two computers shouldn't have any problems. You can also try accessing the other two computers to check if your LAN card is working.



4. Other than these, you may have to call your service provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment