Friday, August 20, 2010

I would like to connect my kids computers to my main computer so they can access the broad band?

I have run cat 5 cable between the two computers %26 the router. as wirless does not work well in this old house. But I need to know what to do next. I am using BT broadband with a bt hub. How do I go about configuring the computers so that the broad band works %26 the kids can share my printer. My main computer is on Windows XP %26 so is my daughters . But my son's is on ME



I would like to connect my kids computers to my main computer so they can access the broad band?free antivirus download



First of all you should connect each computer to the router not to one another. If you do this broadband should be available on each computer without any configuration. As far as sharing your printer - make sure all computers have the same workgroup name. On each computer right click on My Computer %26gt; Properties %26gt; Open the Computer Name tab - click on Change and set all the Workgroup names to be the same. Now on the computer that has the printer attached goto Control Panel %26gt; Printers %26 Faxes %26gt; Select the printer - Right click and select the sharing options. Good luck.



Who dares wins.



I would like to connect my kids computers to my main computer so they can access the broad band?internet security



OK it sounds like you are almost there. First make sure that all of the computers (2-XP and 1-ME computer) are attached to the router only and not to each other with the CAT5 cables.



  • advice from men and women
  • how to make out with your girlfriend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment