Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Internet for two computers?

I have a desktop with broadband connection w/ ethernet cord and I want to buy a laptop. I think I need a router for both computers to be on the internet at the same time or is there something I can buy built in to the laptop that takes the place of the router. Also I have comcast, does anyone know if I have to pay more money for more than one computer. It's bad enough I have to pay for internet and cable and it's the same wire. I am really confused on how this all works so any help would be great. thanks



Internet for two computers?virus



Yea just buy a router if you plan on using ethernet cords. Connect your Cable or DSL modem to your 1st port of the router, and just plug in yourself in anyone of the other ports on your router except the uplink port. Same goes with your other computer, any port except the uplink one. For your other worries, nah they won't charge you for having multiple computers on your internet connection. For example if you wanted to have a PC party, You and 20 or more people can share your internet, provided you have enough ports for them, Oh and use hubs to link up to your router and branch it for multiple PCs. Example of that would be say both of your computers are hooked in to your router, you can hook in a hub to your uplink and have 4-5 more other people sharing that same line as you are. If you want more people, have another hub hookin the 1st hubs uplink, and your gold. Want even more people just repeat. Assuming everyones got the right protocols, but thats a whole new topic.



Internet for two computers?anti virus



You do not have to pay more money to Comcast. Just buy a wireless router and you will be a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment