Friday, August 20, 2010

I have four computers in my network. i want to share ';D drive'; of my server to two compute

i do not want to share with the other computer (fourth one). i am having windows XP as OS in all my computers. if it is posible,please give me the solution.



I have four computers in my network. i want to share ''D drive'' of my server to two computes.?norton antivirus 2007



You might start with this guide: http://www.sbits.biz/xp/winxptcr/peer2pe... which will help you get the sharing up and running.



As for not sharing, you can either not set it up on the 4th system and depend on ignorance, or you can set passwords and require ''authorized users'' to log in.



!0 minutes of poking at it after it is runnign and you'll be set.



Good luck!



I have four computers in my network. i want to share ''D drive'' of my server to two computes.?product key



There are lots of ways.



If we're talking about XP Home, then the options are limited. You would need to set a password which should be an option on the ''sharing'' tab under properties of the drive.



If all needing access have XP Pro, then you should first make sure ''Simple File Sharing'' is disabled. Then on your sharing tab you will see more options - definitely the password issue.



The following sites will help:



http://www.wown.com



http://www.practicallynetworked.com
If u have windows XP then right click on the D Drive of server computer and then click sharing tab,after that click on the blue highlight link ''''if you understand the risk but still want to share the root of the drive,click here''''



After that under (Network sharing and security) check the box ''share this folder on the network'' afte that a new check box will appear ''Allow network users to change my files'' and then apply and OK.



Restart the system



After rebooting open my network places



Here u can view D drive

No comments:

Post a Comment