Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I share a folder, on a network, to just one computer, out-of 4 computers?

Hello.



Right, I have 4 computers on my MSHOME network. I have an external Hard Drive, conected to computer 1. I know how to share this to every computer connected to the Network.. But how do I share it to just ONE computer. So, I don't want who ever's on computer 4 using it.. So I just want it conected to computer 2.



Oh, it's a Wireless Network...



Hope this makes sence, and someone can help.



Many thanks



Kirk.



How do I share a folder, on a network, to just one computer, out-of 4 computers?vincent



You can't prevent it showing to the network. You can set up a user on the serving machine to match the user on the client you want to share it with. Same user name, same password. Then right click the drive, add this user and the local user to it's access list. Set full control to both users, then remove all other access to it. This way if anyone else tries to access it they get a user and password request, followed by a refusal.



How do I share a folder, on a network, to just one computer, out-of 4 computers?adware remover



i thought that :



External Hard Drive or Internal Hard Drive called with another name is : External Hard Disk or Internal Hard Disk



so the simple answer for your question is ... you have to connect the hard drive''Hard Disk '' to computer 2 only



. . . . . . .



if you have a problem to connect it with computer 2 tell me .. may i can do something else for you !
Simply do not map it to the computers that you don't want using it, you can remove aministrative rights from the corresponding machines elliminating mapping of network drives. Be careful when attaching network storage esspecially an internal disk that may be your system drive the hardware battle that sometimes follows can sometimes cause serious hardware faults. I usually only do this with non system disks such as media storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment